Sunday, March 21, 2010

How to avoid hair loss caused by chemotherapy?

treated with FECHow to avoid hair loss caused by chemotherapy?
1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;





2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;





3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;





4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);





5) also you should use some herbal treatment.in that case Provillus is a good product that helps prevent hair loss and it is an FDA approved product. I think it is very important!





It worked and still works for me!





I do not know if any pharmacies carry Provillus but I do know that you should purchase it directly from the manufacturer and read more about the product here http://www.provillus.com/?aid=749165





good luck!





not only my and my husband`s own personal experienceHow to avoid hair loss caused by chemotherapy?
I had FEC too.





I don't know where you are; in the UK the 'cold cap' is often offered, but I understand that in the US it isn't widely used used or recommended. That's because the reduced circulation, which keeps the chemo from the scalp, might also keep it from any cancer cells that may have found their way to the skull.





I'm in the UK, and I decided against using one, and was glad I had when I saw a woman crying with the pain and discomfort of the cold cap she was wearing.





Using a cold cap adds a great deal of time to your chemo session - you have to wear it for a while both before and after receiving chemo. And, as I've said, it's uncomfortable and even painful.





Which might all be worth it if it kept your lovely head of hair the same as it was, but it usually doesn't. Most people I've known who've used it have lost some of their hair - up to half in some cases. And hair that remained was usually in such poor condition that they cut their hair really short anyway.





I'm sure some people have had a better experience, and I'm glad for them, but that's been the experience of people I've talked to in cancer support networks.





Most people who've been through chemo will know about association sickness, which you can continue to get months and even years after chemo; I know people who've used the cold cap who've had association sickness and headaches standing in front of an open freezer or giving kids ice lollies. One woman even said she got it when she saw a cyclist wearing a helmet - which resembles the cold cap.





All in all, not worth it in my opinion.





http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/pl鈥?/a>





You will lose hair with FEC; but it grows back, often starting before chemo ends.
If you have chemo, the least of your worries will be your hair. My cousin's experience with those drugs like viscitrine were much worse than simply hair loss. She had constant nausea, dramatic weight loss, a lot of joint pain and much weakness, and of course, a compromised immune system. She had/has leukemia. She wore a hat for months, but I don't think that was anywhere as bad as how depressed she got. She couldn't walk much at all, was so skinny her bones stuck out, was so pale, in so much pain, I can't imagine what she went through. But now she's doing very well. Her hair came back in, and now it's so pretty, very curly and fine. She had long, thick brown hair before chemo. I don't think there is any way to avoid the hair loss. But it grows back. She was so happy when it came back in. For a while she even lost her eye lashes and eyebrows. I think she tried out wigs but I never saw her wear one. She liked hats. With cancer, your life can be on the line. But that doesn't mean you won't recover. She's a much stronger individual now, and the cancer is pretty much in remission. She's still on maintenance chemo, but it is nowhere nearly so intense as the first rounds she had. She had a particularly hard time with the side effects, including no appetite at all.


But she's doing so much better now. It's amazing to see her, like a new person.
There is some kind of ice pack cap that I have seen some women wear during chemo. It doesn't always work tho and causes the patient extreme discomfort and pain.





I lost all my hair due to chemo, it never really bothered me..I was more intent on killing cancer cells rather than worry about my hair. It grew back just fine after chemo was finished.
You can use a herbal treatment to avoid the hair loss by the chemotherapy for cancer treatment.





check out Zulvera shampoo ..It is a 100% herbal shampoo that helps in preventing hair loss.





http://www.herbalhairshampoo.com/
You can't to my knowledge. I am a 5 year breast cancer survivor. I wore turbans and really cute wigs during my chemo. My hair grew back. It is no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment